I'm having a hard time re-adjusting to normal life this week after being at Clydehurst Christian Ranch last week with friends. Before you turn your nose up at the thought of camping, let me give you something to think about.
1. No cooking for a week
2. No deciding what to cook for a week.
3. Kids running around with their friends like its 1955. Coming for meals when the bell rings and back to the cabin at curfew.
4. Naps everyday if you want.
5. Activities organized by someone other than YOU.
6. Mountain temperatures in the 50's at night and 80's during the day. All with no humidity.
7. A heated pool.
8. Hanging around with friends you don't get to see every day and just talking!
9. Bedtime snacks prepared and provided for you.
10. Time alone with your husband/wife to just be.
Really there are more than 10 good things, but that seems like a great place to start.
Does that change your perspective? I know you still think "You drive how far to get that?!" and yes you're right it is a long trip, but totally worth it. And yes my friends who travel with me, it's not just about the kids and Randy any more. I needed that time this year!