Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving and Undeserved Grace


So like every good American I am thinking of all the things for which I give thanks this week. Family, food and shelter (which I have a special thanks for given Randy's work situation) but mostly Grace, undeserved. God chooses to show me grace everyday by not giving me what I deserve, but His desire for my life. One thing I am telling myself is that God's best is much better than anything I can come up with. I know that, but then I start trying to figure things out instead of just resting in God. I'm not good at resting. I need a plan, I need to know what the next step is, or maybe even the next 10 steps. God is teaching me to rest right now. I know that and I still can't do it. We have bills we can't pay. We have Christmas presents to buy. I have a Mission Trip to pay for!

In Psalm 46 it says "God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea," and then later in verse 10 "Be still and know that I am God" It's a trust thing I know. I'm just a really slow learner. Then every time I think I get it, I forget and start over.

Thank you God for Grace undeserved.

No comments: