Wednesday, March 17, 2010

We Have Flooring!

With some late nights, early mornings, and help from friends (Thank You Rick P and Ken K!) We now have hardwood floors installed on the main level of the house. Yipee!!
When Randy and I picked out the floors, we picked something we would like, not thinking too much about resale. I know they might not be to everyone's taste, but we loved the variations in color. I think it will be beautiful when I get furniture in and pictures on the walls. Though to be honest the thought of unpacking all that stuff just to repack it in a few weeks to move doesn't excite me much.
Cabinets are going to be picked up tomorrow, along with all the trim that I will spend all day outside painting. At least I'll get to be outside, it is supposed to be beautiful!
We also had the kids from De Soto Youth Ministries (the youth group Caleb and Emma participate with) out all day on Tuesday. Even though it was cold outside they raked leaves, mulched, cleaned out flower beds, moved three brush piles to a central location, hauled trash out of the garage and shed to the dumpster, moved old cabinets and even chopped up a tree for us! They worked for several people Monday, Tuesday and today raising money for a Haitian orphanage. Several teens and adults had planned for several months to go to Haiti this week to work at the orphanage but the earthquake made that an impossibility. They have raised almost $11,000 over the last couple of months.
Anyway, we should have things looking good by Monday. Randy will be gone all week to Manhattan, so no big jobs will get done while he is gone. Hopefully everything will be done enough to put the house on the market............

2 comments:

Life Is Crazy Beautiful said...

I was just by earlier today...but had to come back. Good job!! Way to go enlisting those young servants of the Lord to help out, too. I think you'll like Manhattan, we did (even though I'm a bit of a city girl) :)
Lisa

Candice said...

Gorgeous!