Tuesday, January 24, 2012

10 Things I Hope for my Teenage Daughter




With Em's birthday right around the corner, and given the fact that every year I think "she's HOW old?" I am doing my first 10 on Tuesday ever, just for her.


1.       I hope she doesn’t let other people define her


2.       I hope she is brave


3.       I hope she isn’t afraid to lead by a compassionate example


4.       I hope she remembers not to let being pretty rule her life


5.       I hope she never feels the need to impress a guy


6.       I hope she remembers she is never alone, even when she feels like she is


7.       I hope she dreams big


8.       I hope she learns from her mistakes


9.       I hope she trusts God enough to step out in faith when he asks her to


10.   I hope she loves the life God gives her.


11.   (I hope she doesn’t think I’m stupid forever)

No comments: