Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Just time for a quick note

It's Tuesday afternoon here about 1:25pm my time. I have exactly 20 minutes before I have to run back to my classroom for our afternoon session. I'm sorry for the short update. Hopefully I will get more time tomorrow.

This morning I had my 5 and 6 year olds for 4 and 1/2 hours on 1 and 1/2 hours worth of curriculum. We spent a lot of time outside:) They are really excited to be in class and seeing friends they only get to see a couple of times a year. The missionaries are very appreciative of our willingness to be here. Someone told me that this time for them is so important because they get to worship with others like them in their own native tongue. It's one thing to participate with others that you lead in their language and another to worship in your own. I have this kids for another 4 hours this afternoon we have swimming on the list of things to do, so that will help fill some of the time. Dinner is at 6pm and then we have babysitting for those families who would like it. They were so excited that we were willing to babysit tonight. I don't think it happens often for some of them.

Seeing as I haven't quite adjusted to Africa time (I was up at 4:30 here wide awake!) I am tired, so please pray for my stamina. There is a lot of day left!

and on top of all this Randy e-mailed and told me we have someone interested in our house. They are making a decision between us and two others. Please pray for that too. They will want to move quickly I've been told, so we would have to move fast if they chose our house.

I am missing everyone there, but enjoying the sunshine. I knew it was supposed to rain all this week from weather.com, but apparently it's a lot like Florida where it can rain every day and still be beautiful for most of it. I am already sunburned from a mere 30 minutes yesterday out and about!!

Thanks for your prayers. I am praying for you too!

No comments: